Friday, November 18, 2005

Get Back Onto That Treadmill!

My worst fears came upon me @ the gym yesterday...a lady climbed aboard the treadmill beside me and proceeded to press those buttons and I saw out the corner of my eye that she was walkin mighty fast and then I realised she was trying to alter the speed, she was going 7.7 k's by this time and still walking-as-fast-as-her-legs-could-walk-her... next minute her arms were flailling all over the place and before I could turn my machine off to help her she had hit the tread and was plonked onto the carpet with her hands out-stretched onto the mill...I stopped her machine and asked her if she was okay and she replied, 'yes, I'm fine" and promptly got on again, just as as one is told to do when their horse has bucked them off, and away she went as if nothing had happened. I was more perplexed and have decided I will attend the gym @ 6:00am in future when older ladies are still tucked up in bed in their nighties :)