Saturday, November 26, 2005

Wearing Down

I have noticed with the recent trend among the mostly liberal members of parliament here in New Zealand, a 'wearing down' of what we have considered good and upright people serving in important places in our social services departments. I include here our police force and anything else where Joe or Josephine Public has to go for help, for guidance, for an anchor, someone to look up to when you havn't got anyone to trust. Now, I have not always been a follower of Jesus Christ and so I have not always had Him as my built-in anchor, but I know that when the crap hits the fan we need the right people to look to, good solid upright citizens. Well, I mean no offence to anyone but the police have a current member who is upfront in a terrible heavy metal band that exudes violence from every pore and speaker, is this comfort for the needy?...and then there is Georgina, formerly George? Beyer, who the Labour Party lauds as the worlds first- transgendered -Member of Parliament, and now is the Chairperson of the Government's Social Services Committee. I don't doubt for a moment that she/ he is capable of doing that job as chair, however, as an anchor for so many of our people who are hitting the gutters big time, absolutely not. We need very straight people right now in every helping agency, kids can see right through the wishy-washy hairy-fairyness of these liberal's who delight in wearing down our right to righteous government.

No comments: