Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Bye Bye Fly Buys

N.B. Since posting this blog yesterday, I have had a message left by the Marketing Manager of Fly Buys that it was not their fault my favourite perfume was pulled from the Rewards list. I am hopeful that I will get my perfume in due time and thank Mr Lamers for contacting me through this Blog.
N.N.B An update, it is now 7 September and I thank Chris Lamers, Marketing Manager of Fly Buys, for I have received the long-awaited bottle of my favourite perfume. I will gladly continue to use my Fly Buys card in the future. Also, I must remember to not divulge too much information in future as I had made it 'public' on an MSN News Group the name of the perfume I was waiting to redeem with my Fly Buys points. Just maybe someone deliberately had my perfume 'removed' so that I couldn't get it??? I sure hope that wasn't the case...

Darn Fly Buys has gone and deleted my favourite perfume from their "Rewards" list, and just when I'd gained enough points to obtain a bottle!!! Not fair, not fair!!! I'd gone out of my way for an entire year to get the points, from petrol stations to supermarkets, have gone online and answered questions for Colmar Brunton for a few extra points to gain that gorgeous bottle of scent and told my boys, "soon I'll have my new perfume". Finally I have the numbers and went online at last to find it's no longer listed!!! But it was there a couple of weeks ago, I was looking @ it there!!! Now what? No perfume to be had and I sure aint gonna use my points on some other perfume cos I like my favourite one. And what will I do now with all those hard earned points, cos I don't need or want anything else in my home since deciding to go minimal this year. Oh well I guess it's good~bye to fly buys, and hello to freedom shopping.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi

My name's Chris and I am the Head of Marketing at Fly Buys. I have just come across your blog comment and I’m obviously concerned that you could not get the reward you were after.

Last month we did change the perfumes we offer as rewards. In particular we removed the Dior range and added Gucci. The Dior range was popular and it was not our choice to remove it, but the supplier’s. However I am concerned this has disappointed our Members.

We are trying to get Dior products back into the catalogue but as yet we have been unsuccessful.

My email is Chris.Lamers@flybuys.co.nz, feel free to email me and I can give you a more detailed update.

theoneiknow said...

Thank you so much, will do :)