Sunday, May 14, 2006

Just a Tussey Mussey

A Bloggin Minute It is Mother's Day today and it used to be called Mothering Sunday, when the children were sent home from church with something special they'd made for their mums. It reminds me of my favourite bunch of flowers, the 'Tussey Mussey.' Preferably made up of 'found' flowers from the garden or roadside, the smaller the better, each flower is added to the bunch until a rounded bunch of perfumed colour is formed and tied at the stems with ribbons. Each one is as unique as the maker and giver of the exquisite Tussey Mussey. I hope I am presented with one :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mother's Day is actually a secular holiday unrelated to Mothering Sunday (except for the obvious fact that it was plagiarised). Mothering Sunday is still celebrated in the UK.

theoneiknow said...

Yes of course there is no reference to this special Sunday by Jesus Christ but I think He approves of my receiving a Tussy Mussy or brekkie in bed some years :)

Anonymous said...

I think you've missed my point - the traditional religious festival of mothering Sunday is different from Mother's Day (what we celebrate in NZ

theoneiknow said...

That was your point, granted, and mine is that I celebrate Mothering Sunday on Mother's Day, in New Zealand, and I like to receive original Tussy Mussy's :)

Anonymous said...

Fair enough.